Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah is among the few football stars that made the top 10 most valuable footballers with the likes of Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo missing out.
According to The Mirror report citing a study by renowned auditing firm KPMG, the Egyptian is the most valuable player in the Premier League with (€168.3m/£151.6m), but is still far off from PSG superstar Neymar by almost £55m different.
A further breakdown of the KPMG’s findings revealed that five other players in the EPL joined the pair of Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi in the exclusive list.
Additionally, Neymar holds the bragging right after emerging the highest ranked football at No.1 with €229.1m (£206.5m), but is closely followed by PSG’s teammate Kylian Mbappe with (€215m/£193.8m) at second spot as Lionel Messi’s (€203.3m/£183.2m) is enough to see the Barcelona star complete the top three.
Ronaldo valued at €107m (£96.4m) is the most valuable player from the Italian Serie A, along with the pair of Paulo Dybala (€95m/£85.6m) and Mauro Icardi (€90m/£81.1m), but are all outside the top 10.
Premier League clubs that are represented in the top 10 include Tottenham’s Harry Kane (€151.1m/£136.1m), Chelsea’s Eden Hazard (€148.2m/£133.5m), City’s Kevin De Bruyne (€129.4m/£116.6m) and Man United (€119.3m/£107.5m) also represent the Premier League.
Surprisingly, Arsenal are the team in EPL’s top six without a squad member making the top 10 most valuable list.
Top 10 most valuable footballers
- Philippe Coutinho, Barcelona: €118.2m (£106.5m)
- Paul Pogba, Man United: €119.3m (£107.5m)
- Antoine Griezmann, Atletico Madrid: €125.6m (£113.2m)
- Kevin De Bruyne, Man City: €129.4m (£116.6m)
- Eden Hazard, Chelsea: €148.2m (£133.5m)
- Harry Kane, Tottenham: €151.1m (£136.1m)
- Mohamed Salah, Liverpool: €168.3m (£151.6m)
- Lionel Messi, Barcelona: €203.3m (£183.2m)
- Kylian Mbappe, PSG: €215m (£193.8m)
- Neymar, PSG: €229.1m (£206.5m)